Yoga and meditation are two of the most powerful ways to reduce anxiety and keep both physically and mentally healthy during unstable times. YogaBellies, the yoga company with instructors all over the UK have unveiled two exciting new courses to their list of fitness workshops.
– YogaBellies Nurture – This class is aimed at women who need support immediately after giving birth. Traditionally, this was a time when new mothers were supported by ‘the village’, a community of women around them such as grandmothers, aunts, friends and neighbours. But today, women tend to be left home alone with their partner and new baby – that is until their partner goes out to work too. Without a community, women are more likely to suffer from baby blues and post-natal depression. YogaBellies Nurture offers support when women need it most. The classes include postpartum self and infant massage techniques, rituals and philosophies, creating that much-needed ‘village.’ A unique blend of care and recuperation for a new mum, Nurture is not a yoga class, but a supportive environment of women where you learn to relax, bond with your baby, meet other women just like you, revive and restore. Find your nearest class here – https://yogabellies.com/teachers/category/nurture/
– YogaBellies for Fertility – This class is perfect for women who are trying to conceive, or those who want to get their body in the best possible condition for conception. Yoga has real benefits for women trying for a baby[i] and this course is perfect for those who are trying for the first time or are embarking on an IVF journey. The 8 week classes cover a different topic each week, focusing on stress management, nutrition, relaxation, fertility support and the power of positivity. Using feminine yoga principles, the class focuses on pranayama for stress and enhancing fertility, yoga asana for stress and hormone regulations and to help you build a healthy, endometrial lining. Women will also be taught how to adapt asanas as per their menstrual cycle and fertility treatment. Find your nearest class here – https://yogabellies.com/classes/fertility/
YogaBellies was launched in 2008 by Yoga Elder, Cheryl MacDonald when she first started teaching pregnancy yoga in her spare bedroom after her son was born and she was made redundant while on maternity leave. She wanted to help women have fun and connect with other women while practising yoga, creating a warm and supportive environment. She has since helped thousands of women, at every stage of their lives, wanting to attend regular yoga classes, and those who wanted to start up their own business as a Yoga Instructor. A hugely successful franchisee model, Cheryl now mentors 100 franchisees across the UK who provide courses face to face and online.
Founder of YogaBellies, Cheryl MacDonald says: “I want to make my classes as inclusive, accessible and fun as possible. In these really testing times, it’s important that women of all ages have a network they can reach out to, of women feeling similar things as them. The new Nurture and Fertility Yoga classes are a fantastic complement to our Pregnancy and Birth, Mum and Baby, CorePlay and Luna classes we hold and I’m really excited to welcome women along. You don’t have to be holier than thou to enjoy yoga, just looking for a new, healthy challenge and some fun along the way.”
Their other hugely popular courses include:
– YogaBellies for Pregnancy & Birth – Prenatal sessions that incorporate traditional yoga asanas, self-hypnosis and deep relaxation. It integrates soothing comfort techniques for birth and unique touch therapies for mum and new baby. These 1 hour 15 minutes classes are perfect for pregnant women and new mums.
– YogaBellies for Mum & Baby – Baby yoga has been scientifically proven to help with a baby’s brain development, growth, self-soothing and common ailments such as colic, reflux and poor sleep. This class incorporates baby yoga postures so they can practice with mum. Learn breath awareness and relaxation techniques which help increase energy levels and allow mum to relax with their baby. The class includes YogaBellies baby touch therapies, as well as beautiful songs, games and positive life building experiences, leaving mum and baby feeling stretched, revived and relaxed.
– YogaBellies Luna – Graceful, flowing and feminine yoga to balance hormonal fluctuations. This class offers calming, slower-paced ‘internal’ poses that are appropriate for women throughout their monthly cycle. Perfect for all women, particularly those experiencing menopausal changes and PMS, the classes help bring harmony and balance into a woman’s every day life.
– YogaBellies CorePlay – a dynamic yoga practice that focuses on strengthening the BAPs – the back, abs and pelvic floor. The flowing CorePlay sequence allows you to tone the muscles or ‘yang’ tissues of your body. By repeating a sequence of postures, the class aims to develop muscular strength and flexibility over time. Designed especially for women, it focuses on the areas key to their long lasting health and happiness, helping balance their body, mind and soul. Each class style is focused on the specific physical, emotional, hormonal and spiritual needs of women – combining, yoga, inspiring music and delicious aromatherapy blends.